AIDS Action Europe is currently looking for a legal expert consultant to conduct specific tasks within the project Community Led and Based HIV Services - Key to Ending the HIV Epidemic in Europe and Central Asia "Zeroing In - Ending the HIV Epidemic" – on legal and policy barriers of Community Based Voluntarily Counselling and Testing and uptake of Self-testing.
- The consultant will be responsible for undertaking desk research on relevant international guidelines, policies and strategies on community based counselling and testing and self-testing, and for producing a needs assessment report on legal and policy barriers to community based testing and self-testing, based on the rapid assessment of legal and policy barriers to the provision of community based and –led testing services, uptake of HIV self-testing and experience of organisation with HIV self-testing
- Based on the findings of the report, the consultant will be responsible for writing two policy papers and policy recommendations: one on legal and policy barriers to community based testing and second on legal and policy barriers to self-testing in the WHO European Region.
Please send your tenders with the subject Legal Expert Zeroing In Project to firstname.lastname@example.org by 03/08/2022.
The application comes complete with a price quote, a CV and motivation letter proving that the consultant has competencies and demonstrated experience in:
- conducting research in legal issues and policies
- legal expertise, ideally with a degree in law with a preference to international law
- excellent knowledge of community based voluntarily counselling and testing and self-testing issues in Europe and on relevant international guidelines, policies and strategies
- producing reports
- excellent writing skills
- proficient English language skills.